Medical Centre/ Counselling

IMG_0585So are you guys sick of all the work yet?  Sometimes the workload can get a bit overwhelming and there can be several reasons for that. If you actually are physically sick, the university has its own health centre. If you walk out of the library, you’ll be facing the ‘T’ building, off to the right hand side of the T building is a little group of offices, that’s where the health centre is.

Instead of trying to explain all of the things that the health centre can and can’t do, I’ll be lazy and just gives you guys this nice little link here.

That having been said, perhaps the problem isn’t entirely physical. Struggles with the mind are every bit as important as physical ones, if you find yourself getting overly stressed, depressed or even homesick, there is a fantastic counselling service in the university and it’s actually part of the health centre!

Depression, anxiety, loneliness, or even just needing to talk to someone about general life problems are all serious issues that can inhibit your academic life whether you realise it or not! Also don’t feel uncomfortable about going to see a counsellor, I know many people are reluctant to do so, but keep in mind that the counselling service wouldn’t be there if no one used it. It’s there to help, and the counsellors are there to help you! Let them!

There are support networks out there for a lot of things in life, never be afraid to reach out and use them!

I feel as though the only thing I’m missing from this post is one of those cheesy positive quotes with the nice backgrounds. I swear you can put any quote on a nice background of a sunset or something and it will look really nice haha.

~Brodie