My International Student Experience

Hi all,

I am Sepideh and I hope you all went great during break. As you might understand from my name, I am an international student at FedUni and I got some experiences during my study here that may happen to you as well! As I remember from my first year of studying, after the break I was struggling with all my bloody assignmnets, haha, but surprisingly I passed them all with high marks. What may surprise you is that when I saw my first assignment question, I did not even understand the question! So, how did I pass it? At first, I thought that if I ask my lecturer or other students, they won’t help me, but I was definitely WRONG. I truly fought with myself to ask! Ask and ask. This is how I did so well. You can ask them privately in their office, so, if you are a bit shy, please go and visit lecturers in their offices for all your questions. As a result, please ask whatever you hesitate about instead of giving up. I promise it will work.

Another experience I got here at University was how to find a friend or a partner for doing group work. To be honest, it was my first experience living abroad without my parents, so I was badly homesick unfortunately and ignored getting new friends, but I had to overcome it because I needed some new friends not only for the teamwork, but also for myself to come out of that terrible situation. So, what did I do? I asked my lecturers to introduce me to some other students to work with them. Or I started to talk to my classmates with no particular reason everywhere I saw them, even on the bus! You might be a really hardworking student but I am sure you will be definitely be better if you express your ideas in a group or hear other students’ ideas. You can come and enjoy PASS classes as well to see how you feel in a group environment.

I hope these experiences help you even a bit. I’ll be really happy if I can help you in any kind of subject you’ve got problems with at university.

Sepideh