Unraveling the Mysterious Classroom Numbers: Mount Helen Edition

Beth

Okay.  So you’re at this new University. Or new at this campus. You look at your timetable. First make sure you check it’s the right day (today has not been good for me, my friends). SO, you look at your day. You’ve got an 8:30am lecture, because the lecturers are cruel people, and it’s in B902.  Following straight afterwards with your tutorial in S240.

Beth RM Blog 1
                                 Whyyyyyyyyy?

BUT WHERE IS B902? WHAT IS A B902? Never fear.  I shall explain. B, or the letter in all room timetabling, dictates which building you’re in. So my lecture is in B Building, and then afterwards I run to the S Building for my tutorial.

Beth RM Blog 2

The red dots is me running.

But where is Room 902 in B Building and Room 240 in S Building?  This is where I tell you there’s two parts to the numbers as well.  The first digit, so the 9 in B902 and the 2 in S240 is the level the room is on. Here’s a nifty picture I drew to explain where to find the level in campus.

Beth RM Blog 3

I made this in paint.  Don’t judge me.

So my lecture is one level below ground floor, in the Basement in B Building, and my tutorial is 2 levels above ground level in the S Building.

The last two digits are literally just the room number, so you gotta find them yourselves in the level.  Room 02 in the Basement Level in B Building for my lecture, and Room 40 in the Second Level of S Building for my tutorial.

BAM.  Now go find your classrooms my peers!

• Beth