Ever wondered how your fav pure Disney film stacked up against other peoples personal favs? Well, hold onto your magic carpet kid, because you’re about to find out!
So, which is the greatest animated pure Disney film of all time? I asked a bunch of my friends, family, and coworkers and these were the overwhelming results:
Coming in last place are movies that were picked as absolute favorites sparingly, such as:
Beauty and the Beast
Meet the Robinsons
Emperor’s New Groove (Pull the lever Kronk!)
The Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
In the middle with quite a few votes each are:
Aladdin (a movie that is a diamond in the rough?)
Mulan (still my absolute favorite),
and the latest of the Disney releases; Moana
Coming in first place with an overwhelming amount of support is, the one, the only, the everything the light touches is our kingdom, The Lion King. Woohoo!
This film was made in 1994, making it an oldy but a goody! To celebrate its victory on being the top of the leader board, here are some fun facts about the voted fav Disney film.
- The Lion King is the highest-grossing hand-drawn animated feature of all time with a total box office of over $987 million; it is also the third highest-grossing animated feature in general, the 19th highest-grossing film of all time, and the best-selling videotape of all time.
- An earthquake in 1994 forced the Disney Studios to close down temporarily and much of the film was finished in the artists’ homes.
- One small yellow beetle that Timon finds under a log has Mickey Mouse ears on its back.
- Reportedly, the “Be Prepared” scene was inspired by footage of Nazis marching by Adolf Hitler on a podium.
- Pumbaa is the first Disney character to ever fart.
- It took approximately three years to animate the two-and-a-half-minute wildebeest stampede scene.
Thanks Disney, for making our childhoods magical! ….. Anyone else feel a movie marathon coming on??