What’s next?

Aodhan1The exam period is an extremely busy time for students and academics. For those who have finished their exams well done! You can now spend some time celebrating your achievements for the year.  It is important that once you have completed all of your exams that you spend time relaxing, and forget about University (for the next month anyway!). You have worked hard throughout the semester and you should enjoy the break. Personally finishing exams can be a strange experience as you often feel like you should be still studying. It can take time to adjust to a different routine.

Try not to think about your performance for each exam as this can be consuming and a waste of energy. You can’t change your results so it is vital that you occupy your time with activities that you are interested in like sport or particular hobbies. I use this time to catch up with friends and family who I haven’t visited in a while. I also enjoy playing squash and will participate in a few competitions over the break. It is important that you use this time to recharge and come back fresh for next year.

I have made a list of things to do in order to keep your mind off University during the break.

1. Work.
  2. Catching up with friends and family. (A great excuse to get out of the house).
  3. Go to the beach (very relaxing, and it is starting to warm-up!).
  4. Reading.
  5. Travel (if your budget permits it!).

Some other ideas.

1. Learn a new language.
  2. Volunteer (I have provided a link with a list of organisations in Victoria http://volunteeringvictoria.org.au/?gclid=CL3ww4fm86sCFQclpAodA1sFvQ ).
  3. Organise a Flash Mob with your friends (this was done earlier this year at the University to promote the PASS program).
  4. Visit an art gallery or museum that you know nothing about.
  5. Attend music festivals.

What kind of things will you be doing over the break?  Share some of your suggestions in the comments below.